Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Week 9 Thing 20 YouTube

The YouTube for the monk learning to use the book was humorous...I have indeed heard myself say the same things about the computer when I was beginning...

The end of The Machine is Us/ing Us points out that we will need to rethink copyright, access, authorship, identity, commerce, etc.

User-based is the theme of the manifesto...moving forward...being willing to try and to modify...

March of the Librarians- re the ALA-a fun look at the conference..."noble creatures"...."possibly to mate"...tactics by vendors for luring unwitting librarians....."male librarians with fabulous facial plumage."...

The one that was supposed to be Jack O'Connell somehow became "Jesuit Trained: The Tin Whistle Duet"- oops!



I watched Super Librarian- a public library PR piece- from the New Jersey Libraries?- cute and attention getting....It was listed as related video on the sidebar when iwatched the suggested videos. The Adventures of Super Librarian was also a promo from a public library. Something like these could be used on the school television morning announcement show...The Library Ninja was able to silence the student swearing on a cell phone in the episode I watched. Then the ninja demonstrated how sometimes books are better than computers- for a crossword puzzle...

I Want to be a Librarian has some great songs....wish this had been around when I was in grad school.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1R4vxlGYtY. Here is a link for Marian the Librarian from the Music Man. I see the place under layout and settings to Edit HTML- but the only space given is the template...and I don't think I want to mess with that. I am open to further instructions for embedding the videos.....

No comments: