Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 6 Thing 14 Technorati

Ok- so what is Boing Boing that it has 4,015 fans and is the top blog by number of fans... I have to check this out...it is a "weblog of cultural curiosities and interesting technologies"- what is that??? It appears to be- "How to make a Victorian Flea Chariot"- (high on my to-do list!), chocolate beer, and Mandelbrot the fractal teddy-bear...ok......
There are 2 results for "School Library Learning 2.0" when the quotation marks are left in to keep it together.. "School Library Learning 2.0" and "100 Free Library 2.0 Webinars and Tutorials." That sounds much better than Victorian Flea Chariots. Come to think of it, there is going to be a dance at the school with a Victorian theme. Maybe I should check out those chariots...
Actually, I'd like to keep a real low profile and stay out of any searches.....I prefer it that way.....at school when I poll the students, they indicate they rarely mark anything private....hellllllloooo........can you say the word "security"?
I'm an organizational type of person and I can appreciate tags.....as the number of digital photos and bookmarks, etc, continue to grow, organization (tagging) is going to be the key to finding them quickly....if I remember which tag I put them in.....like putting something in a folder that seems logical one day only to search for it unsuccessfully a week later.....Those Sears headings are looking better and better....Leave it to me to create the tags and things may fall apart rapidly....

There are 55 posts tagged Library and Research. There are a number of videos, mostly posted by universities for tutorials or research guides. This site is overwhelming....

1 comment:

FleaCircusDirector said...

If you mention flea circuses in a post then it's likely you will get a visit from the Flea Circus Research Library. Quite a few of my posts are about libraries as that's where I get a lot of information from. The Wellcome Trush Library and the British Library have been particularly helpful in my searches.